Edinburgh is a city well served for accommodation, at a range of different prices. We have listed a few conveniently located hotels and hostels below. Although, the EurSafe conference is after the Edinburgh Festival period, we strongly suggest early booking of accommodation. Please don’t leave it until the last minute; Edinburgh is a very popular holiday destination.
The conference venue is one mile south of the city central area, with very good bus services (see our Travel page). The main railway station is Waverley, where you can take trains across the UK.
EdinburghFirst is the University of Edinburgh’s accommodation provider and has three hotels:
- Salisbury Green – in Pollock Halls campus next to the conference venue
- KM Central – approximately 15 minute walk to the conference venue
- Richmond Place – self-catering units with small kitchen facilities, approximately 15 minute walk to the conference venue.
EdinburghFirst offer our conference participants a discount when booking online, use discount code “Event”.
However, you may find you can get a better deal in other hotels either by directly contacting them or by using one of the booking agencies.
You are advised to check carefully the exact name and location of your chosen hotel, as many chains have several hotels in Edinburgh. They have similar names, but are not all convenient to Pollock Halls.
Hotels – Edinburgh Old Town
One of the closest hotels to the venue is Ten Hill Place in Hill Place, a side street off Nicolson Street (many buses to venue) next to the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh building, and close to the Surgeons’ Hall Museums.
Jury’s Inn Edinburgh is located very close to Waverley Railway Station and the airport bus stop. It’s a five minute walk up to North Bridge for buses to the venue.
Apex Grassmarket is located in the Grassmarket, a historic square in the Old Town below the castle, very popular in evenings with pubs, cafes and restaurants. It’s a 15 minute walk from Waverley Railway Station and a short #2 bus ride from Haymarket Railway Station (with bus/tram to/from airport). #2 bus also goes direct to the EurSafe venue.
Ibis South Bridge, South Bridge, – located at the Tron, the busy junction of the Royal Mile and South Bridge. This hotel is very convenient for buses to venue, and quite close to railway station and airport bus.
Hotels – Princes Street
There are a number of hotels on Edinburgh’s Princes Street, which are all in easy reach of the venue by bus, to the airport by bus or tram, and to the railway station, as well as hotels on George and Queen Streets.
Bed and Breakfast
There is a wide range of bed and breakfast accommodation in Edinburgh, some quite close to the venue, for example along the A7 road (Minto Street, Mayfield Gardens and Cragmillar Road). Take a look at the Visit Scotland website or a bed-and-breakfast searcher site.
There are a number of hostels in Edinburgh.
- a&o Edinburgh City – located close to the Royal Mile and has easy access to Waverley Railway Station and buses to the airport
- Code – located in Parliament Square, just off the Royal Mile and within easy reach of the railway station and buses to the airport
- Kickass hostels – two hostels located in the Grassmarket area
- A little further away, the Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel is part of the network of youth hostels.